'Chocolate Covered' Themed Birthday Party

I'm turning 11 on March 14 and this is my first birthday party. My theme is 'Chocolate Covered'. It will be a sleepover where we melt chocolate and cover strawberries, peanuts, pretzels and other stuff. I don't know what games to play that would go along with the theme. I don't want to have a lame party. Can you please reply with some fun games I can do. Please post replies by Friday, March 13, 2008.

Alicia from Middleburg Hts., OH

Happy birthday in advance !

Some game ideas:

Pin the "H" on a huge Hershey's chocolate bar.

Pin the peanut butter in the chocolate cup.

Make ice cream sundaes with chocolate syrup and vote on whose is the most artistic, most appetizing, most decadent, you get the idea.

There are some movies about chocolate, I don't know if they are age appropriate but it can't hurt to check them out.

Have fun sweetie!

You could have a cupcake decorating contest. You would make cupcakes ahead, and then provide some chocolate frosting and other decorations for people to use. One person might drizzle glazed icing on top of the frosting, and another might try to make a fancy cupcake with sprinkles or something.

We used to do the same thing when I was growing up, only we had gingerbread parties at Christmas and decorated gingerbread cookies. You can have someone from your family judge the contest. You could watch Charlie and the Chocolate Factory too. That would go with your theme. Good Luck with your party!

Have you gone to your library and checked out books about chocolate? What about watching "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" and eating a Hershey's kiss every time someone says "chocolate"? You could play CandyLand (I know it's a kids game - hold on!) until you have only one winner and crown her "Chocolate Queen" and give her a crown and sash and make a big production about it. What about making as many words as you can from the word "chocolate" and the girl who has the most gets a prize? This sounds like so much fun, I might do this theme for my next birthday, and I'm 37!

HBD

you could do the 20 objects on a tray.

Cover it everyone gets 30 seconds to view the tray uncovered and writes down as many things as they can remember.

You could use chocolate things or things you already dipped or things waiting to be dipped.

Or one slice of a bunch of different chocolate bars and everyone has to figure out what kind of candy bars they are.

don't forget that bananas frozen (in half with a Popsicle stick) then dipped in hot chocolate are so good. Some dried fruit work very well that way too, now I am hungry!

And thinking about it taking any game and adding chocolate to it just makes it better. It just depends how messy you want to get!

What about dipping things not usually dipped in chocolate and blind folding people and they have to guess what it i? A chocolate covered green bean would not taste to bad and be different..

Like instead of a egg on a spoon relay use a Cadbury egg. Or did you know that some chili is made with chocolate in it? Its true..

A tip to dipping in chocolate is to get dipped item very cold and chocolate worm to hot but not so it seizes that is if your using good chocolate. Smores do work in the microwave that is if your melting chocolate anyhow dribble on the gram cracker and add the marshmallow, plus they are fun to watch grow and grow.

Best of luck being 11...

Do you know the game where you have a bar of chocolate, dice, knife, fork, hat ,coat, scarf and of course gloves! So each takes it in turns to roll the dice and who ever rolls a six gets dressed in hat coat etc.. and has to cut the choc up with the knife an fork and eat it! before one of your friends rolls a six. So every six that is rolled it is manic an gets really exciting. It's great fun what ever the age.

Do you know the game where you get a bar of chocolate, knife and fork, coat, hat, scarf and not forgetting the gloves!! (to make it a bit more difficult make these a little over sized) Oh and a dice.

so everyone takes it in turns to roll the dice an who ever rolls a six gets dressed as fast as possible and cuts and eats the choc. No Hands allowed!

Meanwhile all other players continue rolling the dice until another six is rolled an its all change. At which time it gets really manic an very exciting. Its a fun game for any age and is sure to get you all giggling. Hope you have a awesome party! Happy Birthday

You guys could play chubby bunny! buy several bags of those really BIG marshmallows (not the small ones; someone could choke.) then have a contest where everyone stuffs as many into their mouth as they can while still being able to say "chubby bunny." I played this at a halloween party one year and it was so funny! Make sure you do it outside or in a kitchen though cause the marshmallows can get kinda gooey and messy. Afterwards you can use the marshmallows that weren't used to cover in chocolate or make smores!

Even if you want to play normal board games -like Monopoly or Risk or Life or anything - wherever you can, swap out game pieces for chocolate, money for chocolate, etc... and the person with the most chocolate - WINS!!!

Don't forget choc flavored cereals. Too much candy could get a little sickening, but cereal might be lighter. You could also make crafts with choc. Candy sculptures and painting with choc. You could use fingerpaint paper.

Get some mud masks and give each other "chocolate" facials!

well i hope you have a great party and a great birthday. you could use choclate as prizes for games. have you even seen the i love lucy episode where they are making chocolates. i bet your mom or grandparents have. very funny.

As your guests arrive place three clothespins on each person, when one says the word Chocolate, the first person that hears them say it takes one of their pins. The person who has the most clothespins on them at a certain time wins!

We did this at a baby shower and each time a person said

Baby they lost a pin. Lots of fun and simple!

How about decorating/painting brown T-shirts? Great party favors/gifts, and brown is a very "in' color this years!

Great ideas. I really like the t-shirt idea. Maybe get brown fabric paint (blue, aqua, or white t-shirts)and each girl writes on their t-shirt "Will ----- (clean room, kiss, be nice, work--whatever will fit for each girl in this blank) for chocolate". Then paint fingers with the paint, blot, and put chocolate "fingerprints" all over the t-shirts. Or write "got chocolate?" on the t-shirts. Or "too sweet for you".

Gee, I might use your idea for my kid's birthday!

Have you thought of a chocolate fondue? Melt some good quality milk chocolate, some whip cream and a tiny bit of oil. Place in a fondue pot, and you can dip all sorts of things in it; mini marshmallows, fruit of all kind, cake squares, even the pretzels - although they won't stay on the fondue forks. Happy chocolate birthday

have a scavenger hunt...hide chocolate bars, give everyone 5 minutes to find as many as they can. Whoever finds the most wins.

let everyone make candies to take home. either melt and microwave and then put in a mold with sticks to make cholate lollipops, or melt chocolate, mix with those crispy chinese noodles,and peanuts. Stir together and put spoonfuls on a try to harden. Put in a cute plastic bag for a party favor to take home.

have a sample plate of different types of chocolate...milk, dark, 70% cocoa, white etc. so everyone can try the different types of chocolat

play a game that requires teams. Pick the teams by drawing chocolate bars out of a bowl. Whoever gets the same bar is on the same team. I've heard "apples to apples" is a fun game for groups.

Fondue ideas: bananas, marshmallows, graham crackers, pretzels, apples, chips, pineapple, angel food cake, pound cake, pears, oranges...see? doesn't have to be totally unhealthy and still chocolatley fun! I love the decorate the brown shirt idea! Get everyones hand/thumbprints on each other shirts to remember your fun time! Happy Birthday!

Alicia, have a marvelous birthday! March 14th is also my birthday. Your idea of a "Chocolate Covered" party sounds great! Enjoy!

Terri in NV

I'm having a birthday party on march 15th and its called ' Sweets'n'Treats ' and I've just been surfing the web to help me find candy games. Have a rocking birthday! :)

If you want you could divide the group into two teams and have a name that chocolate contest. Where you have clues about a chocolate candy and the teams compete to A) get most right B) finish before a time limit. An example clue would be "mean laugh = snicker"

Rent or buy a chocolate fountain.

Wow thanks so much for all these great ideas! My party is going to rock!

(I'm Alicia, the girl who posted the question)

Holidays and Parties Parties GamesFebruary 28, 2008
Poker Themed Birthday Party
Poker Themed Birthday Party
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party Ideas
A plate of sushi at a Japanese themed birthday party.
Japanese Themed Birthday Party Ideas
Red Carpet
Red Carpet Themed Birthday Party Ideas
🎄