Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Fluid in Cats Ears

My cat seams happy and content, she sleeps above my pillow everynight. My husband always rubbs her head when he gets into bed. Lately he noticed she shakes her head when he does it and there is a lot of fluid in her ears, some actually comes out. Does anyone have any feedback on this?

Thanks,
Destiny

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By DEBY [18]01/10/2011

Catch this now before inner ear infection happens. This cleaner also removes moisture from ears that cause infections. Go to Walmart or Kmart in the animal section. They have a great cat/dog ear cleaner that cleans, kills mites and takes out any moisture that could cause inner ear infections. Its about 3 dollars a bottle. Put about 4-5 drops inside ears and then rub well. If they are super dirty very gently rub with a damp wash cloth then use ear cleaner.

We all know what it feels like to have ear infections and they cannot tell us. If this still happens after a couple of days get her to a vet or local humane society which is very reasonable and get her ears checked please.

By (Guest Post)06/28/2005

same thing happened with mine. If there is dark wax in the ears it is probably ear mites. Opt for the one time medication from the vet rather than the continous drops. The one time is much easier and more effective

By Paula W (Guest Post)06/24/2005

This same thing was happening with my cat who seemed otherwise contented. I would find big drops on the tile floor that looked almost like someone had dripped coffee. Then I noticed my cat shaking her head and I felt drops. Took her to the vet and found out she had a bad infestation of ear mites, even though she was an indoor cat and never went outside. The vet was able to give her a one-time treatment in the office that worked very well. Best wishes to you -- pw.

By guest (Guest Post)06/23/2005

Take cat to veterinarian.