Computer Mouse Paperweight

Someone asked in the TF Newsletter how to re-use a broken computer mouse rather than send to the landfill, and I thought I should submit my answer as a craft tip, too.

This idea is based on what I have readily available in my home and if I had a mouse to recycle I would make one up right now and post a photo.

I am not sure how much your mouse weighs, but mine is heavy enough to use as a paperweight and since it's already called a mouse why not turn it in to a mouse paperweight?

Cut the cord off, glue a couple of buttons for the eyes, cut about 4 inches from the end of a shoelace for the tail and two pointy tip leaf ends from a silk plant (or cut felt or stiff fabric for the ears) then mold and glue them so they are standing up.

You could be really creative with the choice of buttons, almost everyone has shoe laces that probably need to be replaced (can dye if you want to change the color) and can paint or dye the leaf tips or simply let the mouse have goofy green ears.

You'll definitely be recycling and have a unique conversation piece for your desk plus you'll feel good about having stirred your creative side. ;-)

By Deeli from Richland, WA

i did what u did made a mouse out of it it looked real but i took it futher. i had some chicken wire left over my husband made a cage out of it. he used the type staples u crunch with a tool. i put some green easter grass inside than my mouse then close the cage door. i gave it 2 our secatary at work