Use Left Over Fries in Stew

I hate to waste food so I have rarely thrown away leftover french fries. However, they aren't very good reheated. Rather than reheating them in the microwave, I decided to cut them in pieces and add them to warmed beef stew. I already had leftover pot roast to which I added cooked carrots and heated all in thinned leftover gravy. To this mixture, I added the cut up leftover french fries. Voila! The fries were just like regular potato pieces in the stew. It worked very well! They could be used in soups, too.

By LoracMc from Iowa

While your idea sounds good, and I'll try it also, one of my friends told me that she heats left over french fries in a skillet with NO oil added. Just stir till heated. I find them to be very good when heated this way.

Betty, in Texas

I sometimes end up with leftover french fries when I eat out and a huge pile of them is served with a sandwich. I freeze them until I can use them. I often get out a handful, chop them up, warm them in a skillet, then pour a scrambled egg over the top and cook. I've also popped them into the oven topped with chili and cheese.

I also heat my leftover fries in a frying pan, however, I do melt a bit of butter and make sure the pan is hot before I add the fries.

Take Out Containers in Refrigerator
Using Leftovers
Food and Recipes Food Tips LeftoversApril 23, 2010
French Fries
Recipes Using French Fries
Oven Fries
Oven Fries Recipes
Cooking Soup in Dutch Oven
Cooking Soups And Stews
Pan of french fries in the oven.
Making Frozen French Fries
🎄