Blue Jeans Planter

This is a planter made from recycled jeans. Cut jeans leg to 18 inches. Machine sew top of leg. Hemmed bottom is going to be the top. I used grommets and rope to hang mine with, but you could also straps to make a handle. I lined mine with some water resistant material. Fill with potting soil and cut X's big enough for your plants. Continue to fill with soil and plants.

By Deborah from AL

This is too cute. When I saw it was jeans, I thought, nah, but I'm going to visit my daughter and grandson and put in a garden for each so I thought I'd better look at it. I'm leaving tomorrow and I'm packing an old pair of jeans with me.

My daughter has a bad back and I was going to make her a tower garden rather than in ground so she doesn't have to bend over, but this will be great.

This is a super-fun idea! I bet it would look cute filled with bright red & white flowers for the 4th of July!

If I were to make this, I'd probably do it a little different. I think I'd cut legs off & only use the top part (like if you were making a skirt) then sew the (skirt) hem together (this would be the bottom). I would use some rope or chain & attach it to the belt loops in 3 or 4 places to make this a hanging planter. I'd then put the flowers in to the top (waist area) & have them cascade over the pockets.

As a liner, I'd use 2 recycled plastic bags from the grocery store to line it with, or you could put a plastic dollar store planter INSIDE of this hanging Jean planter.. Then I'd find something else to do with the legs, like use them as "sleeves" to cover my other planters. Then I'd have a matching Blue Jean Patio Planter Set!

Recycled Jeans Flower Pot
Recycled Jeans Planters
Home and Garden Gardening Creative PlantersJune 2, 2009
Laptop bag made from several pairs of jeans with a crocheted handle.
Making a Laptop Bag from Jeans
Geraniums in old wheelbarrow planter.
Making a Wheelbarrow Planter
Stack of Jeans
Saving Money on Jeans
Recycled wooden chair planter.
Making a Chair Planter