Tick Repellent for Dogs That is Safe Around Cats

I live in an area where there are a lot of ticks and I am looking for the best product to repel or kill ticks on my dog. There is a wide range of products selling for less than 20 dollars per 6 doses to over 50 dollars per 6 doses. I am looking for the type of product you put on the skin, not a flea/tick collar.

Also, I have several cats, and a number of the products say not to use them on cats. My dog spends a lot of time playing with the cats and sleeping with them, so I am not sure if these products would be safe. I am looking for the product with good effectiveness and low cost. Fleas are not a problem. I am looking for something to provide tick control only. Thanks.

By dupperdog from Superior, WI

I use Revolution once a month for both my dogs. It is an all around parasite application you put above there shoulder blade, and it protects your pet from heartworm. It's the all in one protector.

Diatomaceous earth, garden grade, not pool grade. Safe for all pets and people, it punctures the skin of fleas and ticks, completely safe.

Tick on Skin
Getting Rid of Ticks
Pets Dogs AdviceApril 9, 2011
Two kids standing in the rain wearing colorful rain boots.
Making Fabric Water Repellent
Spider on web with dew drops on it.
Spider Repellent Recipes
dog with fleas
Bio Spot Flea and Tick Reviews
Ant Repellent
Ant Repellent Reviews