Cat ToysCats

Cat Post Repair

We have a rather expensive and heavy cat post approximately 6 feet high. It is lined with carpeting. Our cat recently passed away and we are in the process of finding a new cat. We want to keep the cat post but want to replace the carpeting to remove the scent of our prior kittie. Does anyone know of a cat repair shop or source? We are located in the Los Angeles area.

Alley

You can save both money and the post for your new kitty by stripping off the old carpet, treating post with enzyme solution (about $4 in the pet dept of Wal Mart), then wrap and hot glue rope around the post, winding as you glue. I did this to renew one that my "kids" had worn to shreds.

We now use rope as well for our cat posts. They like it LOTS better, you can find the rope in hardware stores...very simple and the new cat will love you for it!

My Kitties had their Cat scratching Post all worn out, I went to a Hardware Store & bought Sisal Rope, it comes in 100 foot lenghts, it takes quite a bit of rope to rewind, I use a hammer to tap it down tight as I rewrap. My Kitties are so happy.

One can go to a Carpet store & ask for Sisal Rug, there are also Sites to go to where you can buy the Sisal Rug on line. Just type in Cat Scratching Post & it comes up. Esther from Minnesota

I can't believe I got such quick replies. Thank you. Actually, the idea rope won't work. Sorry if I wasn't clear. It is not a straight-up cat post. It's actually a cat condo (with 3 levels of "rooms"). where the carpet needs replacement. B/c it seems a tough job, I was hoping for some sources locally in West Los Angeles area that could replace the carpeting.