8 Year Old Birthday Party Ideas

By Lucy Dorkins 1

My daughter is having 8th birthday party in April. She is a horse lover, but her friends (she is inviting to the party) do not share her passion. I would like some games and activity ideas for the party at home.

Thank you,
Lucy from Surrey, UK

Showing: Answers Sort

By me 3 88 Flag

Try a scrap booking party, use a digital camera or a polaroid camera to take pics of the kids and magazine clippings of some of their fave. things Like horses for example. Some glitter pens and some stickers and some cheap notebooks or scrap paper tied together with ribbon, and the party should be a lot of fun.

Good luck

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

My daughter is also just turning 8 and we are having an "It's great to be 8" party. The invites are in the shape of the number 8 and I adapted all the games around the #8. For example, I did a big jar of sweets and they have to guess how many are in the jar. the answer has at least 1 numeral 8 in it. We did a cake walk and all the numbers had 8's (18, 28, 88 etc.) The birthday cake is just small donuts on a plate stuck together with a toothpick to look like an 8. Anyway, you get the idea. Good luck!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I think you could do a horse theme, like pinata. Fill it with sweets subtle for all, if she has any friends that do not eat pork, don't, go for gelatin ones. Why don't you try a girly makeover place, it's called 'Girls just wanna have Fun' and they go to your house and set up stuff, I've had it done to my friend, it was really cool!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Last year at my daughters 9th, I bought fun foam visors and sunglasses and gave them a bunch of stuff to decorate them with like sequins, fun foam shapes etc... then I took of a picture of each of them wearing their masterpieces.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Gloria 9 27 Flag

maybe you could have an animals in general party and incorporate horses so everyone's happy.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Ashley 2 Flag

You could always include your daughters passion for horses in games; for example, pin the tail on the horse, a horse pinata', ect.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Games for a 9 year old b-day party?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

wow! my daughter is a horse lover to.so this is really her own made up theme

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Susan Sanders-Kinzel 10 2,498 Flag

(sent by email)

Many of the girls in our neighborhood are having Hanna Montana or High School Musical Dance parties. They have rented out a local dance studio and the the girls dress up with hats, boas, crowns wtc. One of the studio's teachers does somes dances with them - then they have pizza, cake etc.

Lisa C

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Hi,

Im just turning ten and I don't know what to do for my birthday party. Im not into Hannah Montannah and High School Musical. I want a Pamper Party but I can't find any in Wawickshire.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Spa party

Impress and pamper your friends by inviting them around for a relaxing, uxorious beauty evening at your place. Ask everyone to bring a dressing gown, flip flops, hair bands, a mirror and a face cloth.

Get the mood right by covering the seats and tables with white sheets. Use lamps, or better still, lights to create a relaxing atmosphere and switch some relaxing music. Check out your library for special sounds.

Prepare some healthy spa style snacks and drinks. Sparkling water or fruit juices look good with colored straws and lemon slices. Add fruits to the ice cube tray. You can use fruit, popcorn and little sandwiches for mini bites. Snacks on cocktail sticks are great in case of wet nails.

Gather together group of friends or parents to act as spa staff. Separate beauty stations. Create a poster to outline which services and let the guests pick 3 they would like:

Nifty nails: file away rough edges from nails with an emery board them paint and sprinkle with glitter. Seal with a clear coat.

Magical masks: for each mask, mix together a teaspoon of runny honey, 3 tablespoons of natural yogurt. Mini facial; smooth skin with gentle soap. Leave on four two minutes and then wash away. Massage porridge oats in. rinse with warm water, smooth on banana. Remove with tissue and rinse. Wash with cool water and moisture.

Eye outline: get an ice cold flannel and lie. Apply eyeshadow.

Fruity feet: add a few drops of bubble bath. Pat feet dry and massage with lotion or oil.

End with a model catwalk to show of everyone's new improved faces. Before your guests leave take a photo of them all to process and give out. Our everyone a cup of cocoa and marshmallows.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Scavenger hunts in the back yard or around the neighborhood are fun for all ages. Just leave a clue at each one and at the end they can find prizes.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

My sister is having her 8th birthday. I don't exactly know what kind of games. She's not in to Hannah Montana or HSM. Any ideas?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I live a small community, therefore my 8 year old son has few friends, but they are very close. I decided this year to buy some inexpensive tshirts and have them each put their handprints on each tshirt, with names below the handprints. 5 tshirts all together.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By susan 4 Flag

Does your child or her friends like to sing? what about a recording studio party? where I live, each child receives a cd at the end of the party!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By ElBel 1 Flag

My Sister is turning 8 on the 4th of January and she's stuck with ideas. I've Reccommended Ideas to her and she's been very picky but I could lend you my ideas:

a) Fair theme - guess the jar of lollies, throw a handball at a target, etc.

b) Chef theme - cake deco, cake deco, mini treats baking, taste testing, etc.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

8th Birthday Party
8th Birthday Party Ideas
Previous
Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdayMarch 2, 2007
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party Ideas
12th Birthday Party
12th Birthday Party Ideas for Boys
A plate of sushi at a Japanese themed birthday party.
Japanese Themed Birthday Party Ideas
8th Birthday Party
8th Birthday Party Ideas
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 11:08:13 PM on 10.0.1.8 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings