Undoing a Childproof Lock on a Microwave

I accidentally childproof locked a second-hand Panasonic 1100 watt microwave. Does anyone know what buttons I have to press to unlock it?

Leslie from Metairie, LA

Try Googling "Panasonic (with model number) 1100 Watt Microwave Instructions". If you can't find a link with information there then contact Panasonic directly.

Dont know the model number of your appliance, but found this answer online:

Usually you press Start 3 times to turn the child lock on, and press Stop/Reset 3 times to turn it off.

YAHOO!!!! Thank you ...pressing the stop/reset button 3 times worked ... That's all you do and I thank you...

Try switching off and unplugging the microwave from the electricity, then plug it back in again. Usually factory settings are restored, and your childproof lock should be off.

Brenda from Oz

Thanks to everyone. I used the "knock 3 times on the window" hint. My husband thanks you, my daughter thanks you, my popcorn thanks you and I thank you.

My husband is ill and sometimes locks our microwave. I found that I can pull the plug and that resets it. G.

Consumer Advice General AdviceMarch 13, 2009
A carved turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in the Microwave
Quiche Being Served on White Plate
Microwave Quiche Recipes
Microwave Peanut Brittle Recipes