Filling Display Jars

If you are like me, you love displaying things in jars. I do it with rice, 16 bean soup, buttons, etc. However, if you are doing something crafty and you want the effect without the wasted stuff on the inside that no one sees (not so important with rice but a real loss with old buttons), then do what I do. Keep a TP roll or for a taller jar, a paper towel roll and slip inside the jar. Then fill around it with your pretties. I am submitting two examples, one done and the other not finished so you can see what I mean.

As a special bonus, one of those jars can be a secret stash for jewelry, cash, etc, by slipping it all down the center where no one would think to look.

Happy Crafting!

By Sandra from Salem, OR

Very clever! They won't be quite as heavy, either. Thanks for the tip!

I had students at school do something similar -- display things in jars, I mean. I had a number of identical jars, about 2 cup size. Each student brought things to display in the jar, things that were of importance to them, although nothing of great value. The idea was to make a self-portrait in a jar. We stacked these in a display cabinet to display them, as they were very effective as a sculpture when all displayed together.

Another idea is to nest one small jar inside another, and then put a votive candle inside the inner jar. This is particularly effective with glass beads or something like that inbetween the two jars.

Glass Jar
Using Glass Jars for Decoration
Crafts Home Decor DecorationsAugust 13, 2008
Baking in Canning Jars
Baking in Canning Jars
Uses for Baby Food Jars, Three Jars Full of Baby Food
Uses for Baby Food Jars
Pickle Jar Candy Jars
Reusing Pickle Jars
Canning Pie Filling, Cherry Pie
Canning Pie Filling