Paper Training an Older Dog

I adopted a 3 year old female Chihuahua two weeks ago. The previous owner assured me she was paper or pad trained, but since I have had her here, that hasn't been so. I can't make her go on the pads/paper unless she is confined to a very small area. I do not allow her free roam of the house as of yet and have her in the living area where we can keep an eye on her, but am still having trouble. Any suggestions?

She is sweet and loving and cute as can be, but since I am recovering from surgery it's hard getting down to clean her accidents. Many thanks.
Nelwyn

By Nelwyn from Bunkie, LA

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Pets Dogs House TrainingMarch 26, 2011
pug in a crate
Crate Training a Dog
Pug looking guilty.
Training a Dog to Poop on a Training Pad
Photo of a mistreated Pit Bull.
Training a Dog That Was Abused
agility training for your dog
Agility Training for Your Dog
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 10:07:40 AM on 10.0.1.21 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.