Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Projects for Knifty Knitter?

Has anyone tried the Knifty Knitter? I have one and would like some ideas on projects to make with it. - Debra

By Marie11/05/2009

Hi Debra!

First of all, Provo Craft, located in Provo, Utah USA, is the manufacturer of the Knifty Knitter. Their webpage is www.provocraft.com. Robert's Crafts is an online and Utah USA based craftstore that sells Knifty Knitter looms, HOWEVER, they aren't the sole distributors of the Knifty Knitter. I would go to www.thefind.com and type in "Knifty Knitter" and it will bring up TONS of online merchants that sell the looms for competitive prices.

As far as projects go, the blogspot "Loom Lore" has links to more than ten handfulls of patterns/ideas for loom knitting and links, period. A lot of patterns utilize the Knifty Knitter but the round loom concept has been around for years. http://loomlady.blogspot.com/2006/1 ... -toppers-and-u-turn-flat-stitch.html

And last but not least, go to www.youtube.com, search for Knifty Knitter and you will be able to see first-hand videos on how to use the Knifty Knitter in all various ways. I hope this helps out.

PS Yahoo has forums or "groups" for all sorts of things including one specifically for the Knifty Knitter Looms. All you have to have is a yahoo email account (you can create one if you don't have one)and join. Here is the link! Hooray!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kniftyknitterlooms/

By Ellena10/26/2009

Right now I am working on a scarf. I already made hats for my baby boy and for my daughter. You tube shows how to do some knifty knitter projects. There are some free project ideas on the web. You could make blankets, shawls or ponchos with the long looms or hats, socks or mittens on the round looms. It's quite addictive for me.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Projects for Knifty Knitter?

Has anyone tried the Knifty Knitter? I have one and would like some ideas on projects to make with it.

Debra

RE: Projects for Knifty Knitter?

I had never heard of the Knifty Knitter before, but you sure sparked my interest. There are several sites online that tell about this neat "loom". Here is a site that has some projects. You may already have them if your set came with projects. I hope this helps. I live in the Netherlands (from CA though) and I'm going to see if I can find something like that here. Love the idea. robertscrafts.com (01/30/2005)

By Luvyabye

RE: Projects for Knifty Knitter?

Try their web site provocraft.com. They have a few patterns and more to come. I also purchased a pattern book by C.W. Designs "Quick 'N Easy Patterns on the Knit-A-Round". It shows how to make hats, scarfs, sweaters, afghans, and shawls. I also ordered "In the Attic Round Loom Knitting Patterns" from Annie's Attic; can't wait to see what's in that one. (02/16/2005)

By 5siamese

RE: Projects for Knifty Knitter?

I have had my Knifty Knitter for five months, and use it a lot. I made hats, scarves, a shrug, slippers, and shawls. The slippers are easy, use the child hat size, (second smallest) make cuff (three rows, bring up and over, knit on about six rows, then just knit back and forth on half the loom one less peg each time until down to three pegs, then back and forth adding one peg until back to half the loom, then start going all the way around until the slipper is long enough for the foot, and end just like a hat.

My kids and I all have some. If you can't pull the stitches up and knit them in because it is getting too tight, you have to start a lot looser. The yarn doesn't have enough give, so you have to allow for it by knitting as loose as you can. I've used my large loom for afgans and shawls by just casting on all the way around, then knitting back and forth without connecting the first and last stitches, and so not making a circle. It works quite easily, and just falls open into a flat piece. Good luck to all you knitters out there. What I like best is being able to make it up as I go along, and this loom works really well for that. The Dutchess (05/14/2005)

By Quinn D.

RE: Projects for Knifty Knitter?

I live in Texas and use the Knifty Knitter and Michael's craft store has classes for the Knifty Knitter. I'm sure if you check with your local Michael's they will be able to help you with any project you have. (06/09/2005)

By M

RE: Projects for Knifty Knitter?

I just thought I'd post this great site I just found. Just a few patterns, but very unique. Take a look, it might inspire you for some projects of your own.

loomknittingdesigns.com (12/22/2005)

By guest

RE: Projects for Knifty Knitter?

Go to isela.typepad.com. Isela Phelps has amazing patterns to items to make on the Knifty Knitter, plus free mini-videos you can view online to learn how to use the round looms, knit, purl, etc.

If you want to keep your scarves made on the round looms from curling, you need to either add a few rows on purling on the sides, or intermix purl and knit stitches on each row. I'm making a scarf for my son right now on the round loom, alternating purl and knit stitches (one peg purl, the next knit, etc), and there's no curling, plus the pattern is really interesting. The purling is easy to do once you get the hang of it. I learned it from watching a mini-video on Isela's website. (10/20/2006)

By Laura

RE: Projects for Knifty Knitter?

You can also get projects at Michael's Crafts Store webs site, they update it pretty often:

michaels.com (02/15/2007)

By New Knitter

RE: Projects for Knifty Knitter?

Here's a Site by a nice lady that has quite a few patterns: bevscountrycottage.com

(02/15/2007)

By New Knitter

RE: Projects for Knifty Knitter?

Here's a site with lots of links:

crafts.lovetoknow.com

Tip try searching for "loom knitting" patters and and instructions (02/15/2007)

By New Knitter

Re: Toboggan hat pattern

I found this pattern at Lion Brand yarn website. I did a search for "loom knit hat" and it came up. Hope this helps.

cache.lionbrand.com (12/28/2007)

By Steffie

RE: Projects for Knifty Knitter?

I love my Knifty Knitters. I have the set of long ones too, but haven't used them yet. I am making socks on my small blue loom. I have made five pair learning something new on each pair. I purchased the book " Loom Knitting Primer" by Isela Phelps. I got it from Amazon when I bought my looms and it has been so helpful. It has different sock patterns as well as other things, but now I am totally addicted to making socks. I also purchased the fine sock loom from Decoraccents. I haven't used it yet. Happy looming. Artsy 800 (05/15/2008)

By artsy800

Hat with ear flaps (aka 'ding dong hat')

For "amateur knitter" looking for the hat pattern, I found this pattern yesterday and made it last night in shades of navy for my 10 yr old. She loves it. I hope it is what you're looking for. rowena.typepad.com (01/02/2009)

By Kim