Using Olive Oil for Bags Under Eyes

I've been told that olive oil is a great facial moisturizer but I would also like to know if it can be used as an under eye serum as well? I have bags under my eyes and I don't want to make them even more noticeable by using a product that will aggravate the problem. Any thoughts or opinions, please?

Witch hazel is an ingredient in many fancy eyecreams and will help keep down any swelling under the eyes - I put a dab on under my eye cream morning and night (green tea is also supposed to be good) - be careful about putting oils under the eye - over is ok - but you need something lighter under the eye....

Mega Soy Lecithin. You can get this real cheap at Puritan's Pride if you look up the term name, it will explain that it's good for bags under the eye. phosphatidylcholine GL

I just had to write you Cettina, to let you know that my father was born in Malta. Both of my sisters and my brother have had the opportunity to visit Malta; however, I haven't been as fortunate.

I know this has nothing to do with your question; however, I was elated to see your question, posted from Malta. Good luck to you!

Lecithin oil will be better for under your eyes.

However; as a photographer, when wanting to take out the puffy look under the eyes, we use Preparation H or other brand. It does not hurt the bags andc shrinks them instead.

Hey Nancy! Don't know where you are from but I assume that's its the U.S. You should come over and visit Malta. It's a place you either love or hate, but I'm very proud of my tiny beautiful island in the middle of the Med! Thanks to all of you for the feedback. I think the best one would be preparation H. It's something I've heard of and easily found on the island. A lot of American brand names are impossible to find here. Thanks to everyone for their help and advice.

OK I have used olive oil for wrinkles around my eyes and DON'T think it has gotten rid of my dark circles at ALL. I think I will use prep. h as I have hear it highly recommended.

Love this information: who knew? eyebags removed with something laying around the bathroom...easy, available, and instant; can't beat that. thanks so much.

Woman massaging her eyes
Remedies for Bags Under Your Eyes
Health & Beauty Beauty Skin Care AdviceJanuary 8, 2009
Storing Olive Oil
Storing Olive Oil
oil lamp on white background
Using Olive Oil as Fuel for Oil Lamps
Man Shopping for Oil
Using Vegetable Oil Instead of Olive Oil
Olive Oil
Health and Nutritional Benefits of Olive Oil