Saving Gas with One Trip

I live a distance from the town where I shop, have a part time job, work out, and do other errands. To save time and gas money, I accomplish everything with one trip. Sometimes this means I have to buy my groceries first to fit into my time allotment, so I always carry an ice chest or two in the back of my van or in the trunk of my car. When I know I'm going to go grocery shopping I pack blue ice. Even without the ice, the chest will hold cold food for an hour workout at the Y.

If I'm going to be in town all day, I'll also pack water and a sandwich in the ice chest. The ice chest is also good for packing non-food items and keeping them from rolling. Both of my sons are bag boys and carryout at local grocery stores in town and they tell me I am unique with the ice chest idea. Here in Texas in the summer, it would be handy even for those who are close to home. My ice chests stay in my vehicle year-round. Hope this helps! Love this newsletter!

By Paula W

I live in Northern Florida & have kept a cooler in my vehicle year round for decades . It just Makes sense.

As in Dollars & Cents!

I'd never get perishables home safe at least half the year if I didn't . I also use it to stabilize recyclables . I go to that place before the grocery stores

Photo of someone pumping gas.
Saving Money on Gas
Consumer Advice Cars AdviceJuly 27, 2004
Woman at Gas Station
Gas Station Tips and Tricks
Gas Log Fireplace
Gas Log Tips
Buying Gas
Buying Gas Jokes
gas costs for road travel
Estimating Gas Costs for Road Trips