A New Twist On Tater Tot Casserole

Brown together 1 lb. ground beef and 1 lb. pork sausage. Add an onion (chopped) cook until slightly tender. Drain grease. Preheat oven to 400-424 degrees F. Add 1 Tbsp. Worchestershire sauce and 1 Tbsp. soy sauce. Spread on the bottom of a greased 10x13 inch casserole. In the meantime, take the same skillet and saute 1 package of frozen broccoli/cauliflower/carrot mix, about 4 minutes, then add a large can of cream of mushroom soup, ground black pepper and 1/4 can of milk to the veggies. Layer over the meat, then spread the frozen tater tots on top. Bake for 30-40 minutes, until the middle is bubbly. You can add shredded cheese in the last 10 minutes.

Note: I remember making Tater Tot Casserole as a girl, I think that was the first 'supper' I made for my family. Somehow I forgot about it! It was a hit with my family.

By kljohn from Crawford, CO

Sounds great! I have another yummy tip...I add a can of Nacho Cheese soup (rather than a can of cream soup)....makes for a different flare...my kids love it...

How funny, I just made some for my grandchildren this past weekend. I spray the bottom of a sheet cake pan, add 1/2 bag tator tots.

mix together fried ground beef w/onions, 1 large can mix vegetables, large can mushroom soup, fill soup can with milk, salt, pepper, mix well. Pour layer on top of tator tots, then layer same way again. Top with shredded cheese add foil to cover and bake in 350 oven for about 45 minutes to an hour. They love it...