Planning for a Renewal of Vows

My husband and I are going to renew our wedding vows for our 10th anniversary. It will be on December 16th to be exact. We do not have much money and want to be as frugal as we can be. Anyone have any suggestions for a frugal location? Thanks in advance.

By Nancy from Colonial Heights, VA

Why not in your home or church?

This may sound cynical but unless vows have been broken, I don't believe they need to be renewed. And as far as frugal, you really only need the two of you if it's truly about renewing your vows. Not being unkind; just my two cents.

I also think it's rather silly to renew vows and don't think I would ever bother to attend one, let alone give gifts and/or cards! Only reason I can think of anyone having one is the marriage is in stress and rather than get to the root of their problems, One or both think renewing vows would do something to help instead of seeing a marriage counselor. It certainly doesn't make you any more married than you already are. .

You never know what couples have gone through i their marriages to bring them to the place to renew their vows. After years of heartache, we turned everything over to the Lord, who made us love each other again We want to confirm it before God and our children and family. Many never thought we should or would make it. We did not..God made it for us. As for gifts, there will be no gifts. So do not criticize.It is a beautiful thing and a personal choice

Hi Nancy,

Our church offers this opportunity at Valentine's Day. We have done this many times and it means so much to us. We do not invite guests because this is vows we made to each other with God in attendance. No matter how you do it, I am confident it will be a special moment in both your lives.

Congrats!

I agree. My husband has broken his vows, so this would apply to us, but I If we renew them, it will be in our Pastor's office. We are already married, it is stupid to do the whole wedding over. Some friends of mine divorced and then remarried after 3 years. They went to the Pastor and he married them an hour later, after they went to the courthouse and came back with the license. It was right in his office too.