Use a 2 Liter Bottle to Store Birdseed

I have just discovered how easy it is to fill my outdoor bird feeder by pouring it out of a large plastic 2 liter soft drink bottle. I had a friend save me one and when I bought my bird seed this time, I used the top of a smaller plastic drink bottle, cut off to use as a funnel, and poured the birdseed into the large bottle. I have now collected enough large plastic bottles to put the whole bag of birdseed in. Now there is no mess and the birdseed is kept fresh.

By Barbara from Evington, VA

What a good idea. Mice,moths and others can't get to the seed.

Yes, a very good idea, thank you :) One thing, do not put the pop bottles in a warm place, as the seeds will start to have ugh, bugs growing in them!

bird feeder
Storing Bird Seed
Home and Garden Gardening Birds & Bird HousesOctober 15, 2008
Angel made from a recycled green pop bottle.
Making a Pop Bottle Angel
Baby Bottle Feeding
Bottle Feeding Your Baby
Two pop bottle fish hanging in a window.
Making a Pop Bottle Fish Mobile
Felt covered bottle cap becomes Easter bonnet.
Craft Uses for Plastic Bottle Caps