Using a Kenmore Ceramic Cooktop

My new house comes with a Kenmore Ceramic Cooktop. What are the best pots and pans to use on it? Any advice is appreciated.

Annie from Ozark, MO

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

When I bought my ceramic cooktop stove the only thing that was stressed to me was to not use my old pots & pans unless they were completly flat on the bottom.I have had mine now for about six yrs.& I love it still!

I have a Kenmore ceramic stovetop, which I love. I now use Ultrex pots and pans from HSN. I had an almost-new set of another brand. I purchased a "try-me" pan from HSN and was hooked! Gave away my other set! Ultrex is reasonable, heavy, very flat-bottomed, heavy, non-stick (which has a 75-year warranty!), glass lids. I love it. Because it has such a heavy thick bottom, you use lower heat (and less electricity!). Can wash in the dishwasher or by hand - your choice. Good luck!

I had a ceramic cooktop many, many years ago. Discovered that I needed to wipe it after every use or it would stain from condensation and heat marks.

It stained slightly any way, but shortly after we put it in DH was transferred, so I have no idea if the consistent wiping made a difference in the long run.

Stainless steel and corning ware, not cast iron, good luck.

A pot on a ceramic stovetop.
Safe Pots and Pans for Ceramic Stovetops
Consumer AdviceNovember 3, 2005
Smooth Cooktop
Canning on a Smooth Cooktop
Ceramic Stove Top
Repairing Scratches on a Ceramic Stove Top
Kenmore Refrigerator
Kenmore Refrigerator Not Cooling
Ceramic Floor Tile
Fixing Cracks in Ceramic Floor Tile
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 10:12:30 AM on 10.0.2.240 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.