Making Ice Cream Cone Christmas Tree Ornaments

I saw ice cream cones with Xmas balls on top as Xmas tree ornaments. The cone was sealed with something to make it hard and sealed. It was clear. Can anyone please tell me what that sealer was? All the crafter would tell me is it is a plastic sealer solution you dip it in. Help! I want to make them for Xmas. Thank you.

By Lois from Corinth, MS

I made these ornaments quite a few years ago. Amazing that I still have them and hang them on the tree each year.

I remember using hair spray to seal the cone. Seems to have worked!

Have you tried using Plastidip? http://www.plastidip.com/ I've not used it myself, but it might be what you're looking for.

Good idea. We made these one year and the dog ate all the cones off the bottom of the tree. :)

It sounds to me like they were dipped in decoupage plastic. Just be careful that little kids and animals don't try to eat them, whatever you use.