Gracie the Cat

Gracie is my 5 to 6 year old cat. She adopted us after the neighbor that she lived with got another cat that was mean to her.

Gracie likes to hide in a yard plant that we call Uncle Chuck, because I got my first start of it from my Uncle Chuck. I have taken a start of that plant to every place I've moved to in the past 40 years. Gracie likes to crouch down so that no one can see her. She is looking grouchy because I found her hiding place. She likes to eat popcorn.

If anyone knows what the real name of my plant, I would like to know.

By kflocey from Gladwin, MI

Gracie the Cat

I don't know the name of the plant, but I sure would like to have some of it - it's very pretty! So is Gracie, even if she is out of sorts with you. Ha! Thanks for sharing Gracie and Uncle Chuck with us and God bless you.

Hi--

can you describe this plant? How tall is it? what are the leaves like -- furry? rubbery? notched? Do the flowers have a scent? When do the flowers start to bloom on the plant, and how long in the season do they last? Have you ever seen a similar plant with a different-colored flower? Is this a cultivated plant, or a wildflower?

thanks,

Nancy in NC

Your cat Gracie looks very much like my cat Graycie! I think she looks sweet even if she is a tad grumpy in the pic.

The plant, I think is kalanchoe, if it has thick leaves and the plant doesn't need much water. It makes such a nice frame for the pix of your kitty!

The common name is Lady's mantle. Alchemilla mollis. Height:1 - 2 ft. Clouds of small chartreuse flowers on tall stalks in spring. Wide, pleated, and scalloped leaves unfold to form a soft gray-green mound. Sun or Shade.

Do you have additional pictures of your plant? It is very pretty and I would like to help identify it.

Gracie looks very pretty and at home in the plant.

I love that you call it Uncle Chuck since I too am a sentimental gardener. I have a burgundy peony called Grandpa Johns....several family members have starts off of the original plant and I have carried it to two homes.

Thanks for posting and I will follow the progress of uncovering Uncle Chucks botanical name!

Blessings to you and yours!

I don't know what the plant is, but I have the same cat named Gracie, short for gray cat.

I don't think it's Lady's Mantle. I have that and the flower is more of a spray over the leaves and not as thick as hers is. Is this plant very tall? You've got our curiosity now, all the plant lovers out there. Anyway, it's the most lovely picture of your Gracie peaking out from under the plant.

Photos Pets CatsJuly 2, 2008
Two male Persian cats.
Neutered Male Cat Mounting Other Male Cats
A cat door installed in an old door.
Teaching a Cat to Use a Cat Door
Cat Meowing
Preventing A Cat From Meowing
Girl with her has face painted like a black cat.
Making a Cat Costume
🎉
🎄