Feeding Vegetables To Dogs

My dogs thrive on a similar range of foods that our local bears and foxes eat! They, both beautiful Australian Shepherds (gotten free, I might add, as retirees from a breeder). They love carrots, sweet potato peelings, cabbage cores, etc.

When I make soup from chicken or turkey carcasses, I clean out the fridge of old veggies and simmer it all overnight. After straining the broth and removing chunks of meat for myself, I process the rest and have a dog feast ready for a week or so. Winter squash is especially satisfying: after roasting it for soup (375 degrees F for an hour or so), I scoop out the flesh and save the rest for the doggies, who eat the sweet skin like candy!

Source: Just an extension of the raw food diet and crockpot cooking ideas for feeding pets.

By Belinda from Thornton, NH

Pets Dogs Dog Food RecipesFebruary 5, 2010
Baby Bottle Feeding
Bottle Feeding Your Baby
Veggie seeds.
Growing Vegetables from Seeds
Jar of pickled tomatoes.
How to Pickle Vegetables
A dog with a raw steak in its bowl.
Feeding Dogs a Raw Diet
🎉
🎄