Beaded Snowflake Mittens
Easy holiday craft project. Make mittens from scraps of fleece and bead simple snowflakes on them. You can see the mittens to the right of the scarf.
- pattern paper (tissue paper works well also)
- scrap(s) of fleece
- sparkly beads
- glue gun
- Draw an outline of your hand on the pattern paper.
- Draw the cutting line by adding 3/8 inch around the pattern for the seam.
- Cut 4 pieces.
- Arrange beads on 2 of the mitten pieces, making sure you've got one for each hand.
- Glue the arranged beads on the mitten pieces.
- Sew the backs on the mittens by putting the front and back together inside out, sewing a 3/8 inch seam and turning right side out - or - you can keep the pieces as you would wear them and sew with a blanket stitch, eliminating the need to get out your machine and do that nasty turning back to the right side.
- The result - soft, toasty warm mittens with a little bit of sparkle to brighten those cold winter days.
Also see: Beaded Snowflake Scarf
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 22, 2016 at 3:05:31 AM on 10.0.2.4 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us