Cleaning Fabric Softener Build Up From Washer

How can I clean the liquid fabric softener scummy "deposit" off my washing machine agitator?

By grandma2speedy from Monroe, MI

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance
Best Answer

Try vinegar. Fill the washer with hot water, add 2 cups vinegar and let it soak an hour or more. Run it through a full wash without loading it. This is how you remove soap scum from your washer. This is something you should do as soon as you see any build up and remove it then.

I opt for the vinegar solution. Vinegar is the best cleaner, etc of all otc cleaning products. good luck. And it is very 'green' to use.

For the outside of the dispenser and around the rim of the drum, use a dry fabric softener sheet. It wipes off like magic! I first used this tip for chewing gum on the inside of the dryer. Works great!

Answer

Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesSeptember 2, 2009
Fabric Softener Reviews
Fabric Softener Reviews
Water Softener
Buying a Water Softener
Downy Fabric Softener Ball
Uses For Downy Fabric Softener Balls
Cleaning a Fabric Softener Dispenser
Cleaning a Fabric Softener Dispenser
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 12, 2016 at 4:03:21 PM on 10.0.0.57 in 506 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.