Valentine's Day Gift Ideas

As a foreign born person living now in America, do you celebrate Valentine's Day? What do you usually give for gifts to new friends? I see lots of candy and flowers.

By Badri

Anonymous

Valentine's Day is a good day to let your friends know how you feel about them. You can get or make them a card, thanking them for their friendship or give them a small token gift like candy or a small flowering plant. - Marianne

Valentine's Day is basically for romantic love. You might buy a Valentine card and/or chocolates for your the person you love. Some couples celebrate by having a romantic dinner or evening together. Good old capitalism has enlarged the original meaning of the holiday to encourage everyone to buy gifts and cards for all those we care about. If you have children in elementary school, they may be expected to buy or make valentines for all of their classmates. If you decide to buy Valentines for your friends, be careful to choose friend messages. The safe way to give chocolates is to give them to a group of people. It is a very fun and romatic holiday, and you can decide how broadly you wish to participate.

Anonymous

I always love handmade cards and small gifts on Valentines Day, rather than purchased cards.

hey everybody! well, i'm soon gonna be a teenager and i think that you could make a very inexpensive and delicious looking gift like this- take a few chocolate flavored lollipops, and put em together tie them with an elastic thread and wrap some flowery paper around to give a look like a bouquet! i read this in a book called DIY! its a great book!

We make handmade cards for each other in my household. Google eyes and pipe cleaners help to give them whimsy. For co-workers some candy or a small candle, The box of kids cards from the dollar store are a safe bet as well. My advice is to be carefull in the workplace. you dont want sexual harrasment charges!!. Also, you dont want to mislead people into thinking you have feelings that are not there. If there IS someone you like and want to give them a hint, Do it outside the workplace. I once liked someone at a job, And gave them flowers and a small card. The card said that I had a crush on them. The person then showed EVERYONE, And embarrased me. He was not discreet. ( my feelings changed quickly) I focus as well on people who wont be getting anything. I have been known to do ding-dong ditch, on valentines day. AH, LOVE!!