Store Steel Wool Pads in Freezer

You know those not-so-wonderful steel wool pads that after a few days become rusted and yucky. Well after each use, add a little liquid soap (if you want to but not required), place it in a small freezer bag, and freeze it. When you take it out to use it, it will be like new and this will make them last for a lot longer. I get 5 to 6 uses out of them before I have to throw it away.

By pambela from Beaverdam, VA

I buy scotch brite "never rust" heavy duty soap pads by 3m. I want to say i picked them up in the dollar store. They last a long, long time. When the soap is gone i put a little dish detergent on the pad. Be very careful what you use them for as they can scratch. For my good pots i clean with baking soda on a sponge and use a little elbow grease. It never ceases to amaze me what uses i can find for the good old baking soda!

This is an awesome tip. Thank you!

Close up of Steel Wool
Saving Money On Steel Wool
Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning ToolsFebruary 1, 2011
Photo of a yellow rubber glove.
Making Your Own Clorox Ready Mop Pads
Wool Sweater
Removing Stains From Wool Clothing
steel wool
Preventing Brillo or SOS Pads from Rusting
Someone using an acne cleansing pad on their face.
Homemade Oxy Cleansing Pads Recipes
🎄