Egg Drop Soup

• 6 cups chicken broth
  • 4 oz. spinach, fresh
  • 1 green onion
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 2 Tbsp. cornstarch, dissolved in
  • Ad
  • 2 Tbsp. water

Directions:

Wash and separate spinach leaves. Break into 4 inch sections. Beat eggs. Bring chicken broth to a boil. Add salt and spinach. Add cornstarch paste. Stir a few seconds until stock thickens. Slowly add eggs. Stir gently in one direction so threads form. Turn off heat immediately. Taste. Add salt if necessary. Pour soup in warm bowl. Garnish with green onions. Serve at once. Serves 6.

By Robin from Washington, IA

December 10, 2009 Flag

Can someone tell me how to make egg drop soup from start to finish? I have tried and mine doesn't come out like the soup I've had in Chinese restaurants. It always says to stir briskly when you put egg in, and mine doesn't show the egg like noodles. It too mixed in with the broth and doesn't look right. Help Please? God Bless.

Kay from Clyde

Answers:

Egg Drop Soup

http://chinesefood.about.com/od/chinesesouprecipes/r/eggdropsoup.htm (02/09/2008)

By MCW

Egg Drop Soup

You should put the egg in last. Stir the soup so it swirls in the pan. Then with the egg all ready mixed up, pour the egg mixture over a spoon real slow. That's how you will get your small noodles. Good Luck
(02/09/2008)

By Elaine

Egg Drop Soup

I agree with Elaine,but it is essential to have the soup really hot when you put the egg in. (02/11/2008)

By Grandma H

Egg Drop Soup

I use a can of Chicken broth, heat till real hot almost boiling, I add a drop or two of sesame oil to the soup, mix the eggs before using in the soup, I think I use two eggs for a can, not sure, sorry about that, if that isnt enough add another egg, then pour eggs in slowly as I keep the soup moving with a spoon. This should work, always has for me. (02/11/2008)

By Sally E. Greer

Egg Drop Soup

I bring chicken broth to a boil with 1or 2 thin slices of ginger root. While that is heating, I slice green onions (1 or two, not much). I beat two eggs with a fork until wll mixed. Then, when the broth is boiling, I slowly pour the egg in a small, steady stream while stirring gently. I've tried pouring the egg over a spoon, but it didn't work that well for me. Once mixed in, I turn off the heat,remove the ginger root, add the chopped onions and a small amount of sesame oil. Very authentic tasting ( I used to live in Japan). Good luck! : ) (02/11/2008)

By dove947

Restaurant Style Egg Drop Soup

PREP TIME 10 Min COOK TIME 10 Min

SERVINGS Original recipe yield: 4 servings

Reserve 3/4 cup of chicken broth, and pour the rest into a large saucepan. Stir the salt, ginger and chives into the saucepan, and bring to a rolling boil. In a cup or small bowl, stir together the remaining broth and cornstarch until smooth. Set aside.

In a small bowl, whisk the eggs and egg yolk together using a fork. Drizzle egg a little at a time from the fork into the boiling broth mixture. Egg should cook immediately. Once the eggs have been dropped, stir in the cornstarch mixture gradually until the soup is the desired consistency.

PREP TIME 10 min COOK TIME 10 Min

SERVINGS Original recipe yield: 4 servings (02/11/2008)

By LMcCay420

Egg Drop Soup

Bring chicken broth to a boil in soup pot. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and mix. Combine water and cornstarch; stir into boiling broth. Stir a small amount of hot broth into slightly beaten egg. Add egg mixture into hot broth slowly, stirring all the time. Cook until clear and slightly thickened, stirring constantly. Garnish with scallion.

(02/12/2008)

By PICO

Egg Drop Soup

Whatever recipe you decide on, then pour slightly beaten egg through a slotted spoon with 1/4 inch holes into hot broth. The egg should reveal the white as well as the yolk in color so very slightly beat the egg. That is the way I learned in my Oriental Cooking Class while in Japan years ago. (02/12/2008)

By Rasta

Egg Drop or Egg Flower Soup
Egg Drop Soup Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes International ChineseDecember 11, 2009
Drop Cloth Ideas
Drop Cloth Ideas
Bowl of cream of tomato soup garnished with chives.
Freezing Tomato Soup
Soft Boiled Egg
Making a Soft Boiled Egg
Eye Drop Bottle
Uses for Eye Drop Bottles
🎄