Removing Fish Odor from Couch Cushions

Okay, so here is the deal: my wife spilled some cat food, fish cat food onto our couch. We have tried several different methods in removing this terrible, foul odor to no avail. We have tried: lemon juice, Febreze, baking soda, and Dawn dishwashing soap. Nothing will remove this terrible stench!

At this moment we have the cushions baking in our front yard (temp is currently 96 degrees) with a generous amount of baking soda. At last check, fish smell. Please, is there anything we can do to get rid of this nasty, fish odor?

By Paul from Las Vegas, NV

I would call an upholstery shop, they might have a product they recommend or you could call your dry cleaner too, they usually have great tips we had something similar happen but thank goodness ours zip off and can go in the washer:)

"Kids N Pets"

http://cheapand  ets-cleaner.html

This is reivew of kids n pets on line. I am sure if you went to Amazon they would have tons of great reviews. This product is great. I love it and I have been on here at Thrifty fun before shouting it's wonders.

This has taken diarrhea stains out of my pink carpet and all odor gone!! It doesn't mask the smell it gets rid of it. Cat urine is a thing of the past. I had a very sick and old cat and we had urine issues with her.

I always have a bottle of this product in my house. I have put a spray nozzle on my bottle as it helps it to go much further then the pour spout they have.

Give it a try you will be very surprised and happy.

P.s. as with all upholstery try a spot not seen first to check for color fastness.

Good luck and let us all know how it turns out.

Go to fabric shop and buy high density couch cushion to replace it, take the fabric off and wash it is cold washer water and do not dry in the dryer. If you price the cushion, watch for sales, get the ads, and also ask when it might be on sale. They may have coupons to use. Joann's has 40-50% off ones and that is when I buy expensive things.

I recover couches and buy cushions insides instead of cleaning them.

Have you tried white vinegar yet? Place some in a spray bottle, about 2 to 1 with water and spray on. Allow to dry and repeat as necessary. I hope it helps!

Oxyclean really gets smells out.

older couch
Removing Odors from a Couch
Home and Garden Cleaning FurnitureJuly 31, 2010
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Photo of a furniture spring isolated on white.
Repairing Couch Springs
Upholstered couch with soft cushions.
Making Couch Cushions Firmer
Couch Cushions Being Cleaning
Cleaning Cushions
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 21, 2017 at 5:38:04 AM on 10.0.2.237 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.