Decorating an Apartment Refrigerator

I have a refrigerator in my kitchen that still works and I am looking for ways to make the front door look nicer by decorating it. I rent and it comes with the apartment. Thanks for any help.

Catherine

In the early days of my marriage we rented an apartment and I cut out the large mushrooms from a roll of contact paper and decorated the fronts of my cabinets. You caould find a print that pleases you and do this.

I saw on a decorating show where they used a piece of thin chalk board attached to magnets (cut large the size of the door)

I've got it! Have you ever seen wall stickers? They come in all different designs. I did this to my fridge with powerpuff girl stickers. I have seen the wall stickers at the dollar stores: Hawaiian flowers, hearts and kiss lips. Or you can pay about $10-$20 at Target. The contact paper is a good idea too, but that's $5.00 a roll and you need to be semi-crafty. Happy hunting!

I bought a long roll of magnetic vinyl from the internet, and my artist friend was commissioned by me to paint a scene on it in acrylics, then seal with varnish. It just rolls on to the front of the 6ft fridge and freezer and is easy to clean and totally trouble free. It's also portable and doesn't damage appliances in any way. It's absolutely gorgeous and everybody comments on how great it looks. If you want me to send you a pic, I'll do one...

It's not cheap, but if you're arty it's a long-lasting brilliant thing to do that really makes your home more unique

Lesley

Whatever you decide, if it's permanent get permission in writing from your landlord first to protect yourself! Unfortunately there are unscrupulous landlords who would make you replace the fridge even though the door currently looks ugly because you altered it and it's their property :-( Even stickers won't always come off completely and need to be removed with a razor blade which can leave scratches on the surface.

I agree with Deeli that you should have written permission from the landlord before you alter the frig. I watched a show on HGTV where they used an inexpensive black spray paint meant for appliances and transformed a non-matching frig into one that matched the rest of the appliances. It looked great and helped sell the house! Of course you'd definitely have to have permission to do something like that. I really don't see why a landlord would object to you improving the frig but you just never know. If you could find some sort of large motifs that were magnetic, that would help to disguise it and make it look nicer. Good luck and perhaps you can come back and let us know how it turned out.

If it's flat, you can get some adhesive spray for crafts and cover with fabric. It comes off easy when you move or the new resident might like it and keep it on. If nothing else, just some touch up spray Krylon for appliances will make it look like new!

Posters framed with poster frames and command taped them in place, one for the top one for the bottom.

Home and Garden Home Improvement AdviceMarch 6, 2009
Refrigerator Drip Pan Fills with Water
Refrigerator Drip Pan Fills with Water
An street with an "Apartment For Rent" sign.
Renting an Apartment
Saving Money on a Refrigerator, A new side by side refrigerator and freezer in stainless steel.
Saving Money on a Refrigerator
View of the water line.
Flushing a Refrigerator Water Line
🎄
🍂