"Wake Me Up" Breakfasts

Breakfast has become boring. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Holly from Richardson, TX

Smoothies! Very nutritious and so many recipes you could make a different one every day. Just put "recipes smoothies" in your browser and you'll get pages and pages.

I used to make smoothies with soy protein powder, yogurt, fruit and juice for my husband to regain his strength while recuperating. The soy protein gives you a good start for the day. I have read that soy protein mix shouldn't be taken if you are taking thyroid meds. Otherwise it is a good strength builder and is very good for the heart.

My daughter in law wonderful smoothies with yogurt and fruit juices of different kinds, Very satisfying and they taste wonderful.

I have been known to have leftovers for breakfast i.e. chicken or spaghetti. Peanut butter banana sandwiches are extremely nutricious and can be taken in the car without making a big mess.

I eat bizarro things for breakfast - I've been spotted chowing down chocolate cake (it's got fiber, protein and chocolate - what better way to start the day?), bowls of veggie soup, chicken salad on crackers, meat and cheese roll-ups with mustard dipping sauce and chips, waffle sandwiches (nut butter mixed with maple syrup, spread on waffles and sandwiched), leftovers from the night before, cheese and crackers with grapes... Breakfast is just a meal and you can eat anything you like - my favorite thing about being a grown-up is getting to make my own choices! Get creative! Think outside the cereal! Have cereal for dinner instead!

The most popular breakfast with my "grown" and teen kids, is the English muffins, sorta like they do at McD. The english muffins are really cheap in the freezer case at Walmart. (a dozen for $1.54) Then I buy the bag ready made sausage at Walmart in another freezer case. The sausage comes in different flavors, (my kids love the maple sausage the best). I keep the muffins in my freezer. and sausage in freezer. So, when breakfast hits, its a fast way of doing a great sandwich. nuke sausage , and either nuke egg or fry egg. Then thaw muffin, stack on muffin with sausage, egg, with cheese in between. I'm a meat lover, so I put two sausage on mine. It's fast and delicious, and a real crowd pleaser. Takes about 5 minutes to prepare.

We like peanut butter mixed with a little jelly on rice cakes.

Uncooked old fashioned oatmeal, with a good heaping scoop of cinnamon, sugar and milk. I'm munching that as I read last night's paper. I love the chewing! I get a break about 10:00 and then I have some protien, usually cottage cheese and canned fruit. Sort of a two-stage breakfast. Anyway, about four grams of fiber, and it holds me really well, no annoying stomach caving in when I'm trying to listen to someone.

Breakfast Oatmeal:

You can do this in the crock pot as well.

2 c oatmeal

2 c milk

1 tsp vanilla

1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional: use up to 2 Tbsp)

1 Tbsp oil

1/3 c brown sugar

2 egg whites (optional)

1/2 c cherries (suggestion: frozen cherries)

few raising (optional)

apple slices (optional)

1/4 tsp salt

Mix all ingredients together and bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until crunchy. Add extra milk when eating.

Mexican Breakfast

corn tortillas cut into little squares place in frying pan with a bit of oil then before they get hard

crack one or more eggs into and scramble then

add salsa

scramble this and serve warm

some like to add shredded cheese on this

after trying this you can adjust recipe to your

taste...enjoy

Food and Recipes Recipes BreakfastSeptember 22, 2007
A group of kids with their dad preparing tacos for a quick weeknight dinner.
Quick Meal Ideas for Busy Families
A box of donated household goods.
Fundraising Ideas for a Nonprofit Organization
A savory egg and sausage casserole topped with tomatoes.
Egg Casserole Recipes
🎉
🎄