Craft: Memorial Glass Block

I recently made a memorial block for the family of a lady in my Sunday School class who had passed away. I got sick of paying too much money for a few flowers that died in a few days. This way the family would have a lasting gift and it could be shared by different family members. I happened to have a photo of the deceased and her husband who had passed some time before, so I copied it and laminated it and then applied it to a glass block.

I have written lots of posts about glass blocks some long time ago and I think those posts are still available.

I added mini lights and the funeral representative placed it on the organ in the chapel. It turned out very nice and the family called me the next day to tell me they were fighting over who was going to get to keep the block. They finally decided to pass it each year at Christmas so the lady could continue to be seen by family members and the children would remember her.

By First Lady from Knoxville, TN

Editor's Note: Here is a post which has photos of First Lady's glass blocks. They are located in the feedback under the original post.

You should win, I believe this is the classiest, sentimental keepsake I have seen in a long long time. Your brilliant. Deby

This is a super idea!