AdviceClothing

Dyeing White Baseball Pants Grey

I purchased and can not return 6 pairs of white baseball pants. I found out last night my daughters need grey baseball pants. Does anyone know if I can dye them if so does anyone have a suggestion on what brand of dye?

Thank you for your help,
Debbi from Brownstown, MI

Dear Debbi, If you go to the Rit website, you can get lots of hints on dyeing etc. Good luck.

I have a suggestion Debbie.. You might try washing ONE pair with something black that you know would run.. Also, if you call Rit number for questions and tell them what material you are doing etc., they should be able to tell you how to do it. I would STRONGLY advise doing one pair first. If you can't dye them, you might want to place an ad to sell or trade them for gray. Good luck

If the pants are polyester, and most are, they won't take the dye. Can you sell them to a mom whose kids need white pants?

Good luck. You most likely have a 100% polyester garment that is not vat dyed like cotton but impregnated with dye at manufacturing. You can try calling a company called Key Colour and ask them if they have any suggestions. They are in the business of selling dyes for commercial use. They are located in Phx. AZ.

Mark