Propagating Black Eyed Susan

How can I grow Black Eyed Susans in my yard, from my dad's flowering plants in his yard? Do the flowers make seeds?

By spoostad

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Best to ask your Dad for a few plants to transplant. They multiply quickly. When you dead head them, throw the dead flowers in the bed and they will propagate themselves the following year.

I concur with jabsgram. dig some of your Dads flowers and they will take care of growing on their own.

Thank you both so much. :)

One thing I like to do with Black Eyed Susans. I don't dead head the flowers in fall, I let the birds come and eat the seeds. It's nice to see the birds and they seem to spread the seeds better than if I throw the dead flowers back into the bed.

Answer

Home and Garden Gardening FlowersAugust 12, 2009
Freezing Black-eyed Peas
Freezing Field Peas (Black-Eyed Peas)
Black Eyed Peas, Recipes Cooked Black Eyed Peas
Recipes Using Black Eyed Peas
Growing Black-Eyed Susan
Growing Black-Eyed Susan
Lazy Susan with Marbles Teaser
Making a Lazy Susan with Marbles
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 8, 2016 at 8:41:38 PM on 10.0.1.81 in 261 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.