Source: My Vet
By leekelly from WI
Read feedback for this post below. Click here to post feedback.
I just posted about this on another site, there are definitely some dangers if the poison ingested is a type of poison that will do more harm being regurgitated than taken care of by other means and did you know that the hydrogen peroxide expires?
After a year, it is no good and one would hate to run to the drug store to buy more when your pet has been poisoned!
You can read more info here:
I trust my vet and would not do anything to harm my bast friend, but if anyone fells different about this please take your animal to the vet.
I believe this was also recommended to me some back by a vet assistant for my dog-thought to have lapped up some radiator coolant in a pool of water-doesn't take to much hp and it works well to induce vomiting--turned out he didn't injest coolant-so he was a-ok-better safe than sorry
Wow, what a scary thing to do! I wonder about your vet? Where did they attend school? What about the syrup for kids who got into something bad? Sorry I can't recall the name. Time to call my vet, before something does happen!
I recently found out that most flowers and plants are poisonous to cats, after I discovered 2 of mine eating the lilies I had just put in a vase from my garden. I looked on the internet for information regarding this only to discover that if your pet is not seen by a vet within the first six hours of ingesting the flowers, they will die within 5 days of kidney failure. I immediately called the vet which were closing in 10 minutes, and explained my situation.
HERE'S THE TIP: She told me to give each cat a tsp. of Hydrogen Peroxide, making sure to get it in the back of their throat. Wait 5 minutes for them to throw up. If they don't, repeat it ONLY 1 MORE TIME. Wait 5 minutes. If they still haven't, put a tiny pinch of salt in the back of their throat. Wait 5 more minutes. By then, if they haven't, take them to a vet immediately.
It worked the first time with Mimzy and the second time with Monazy! Both are still healthy and still with us, thankfully.
By Jackie from Des Moines, Iowa
Editor's Note: Please always consult a vet first, before trying home remedies.
By Marcia S
Add your voice to the conversation.