Use Sink to Mix Caramel Corn

When making homemade carmel corn, try this! Wash your kitchen sink very well, I even spray it with a little rubbing alcohol and dry with a clean towel. Then cover your drain stopper with about 3 layers of foil (lay foil on top and form it around the stopper) and insert the stopper in the drain. Pour your popped corn in the sink, pour the caramel over it and mix. When you are done, all you have to do is clean the sink, it is big enough and it will not move while you are mixing.

By Ella from Illinois

Never in a million years!

I'd have to agree with the first poster, yuck. Getting a bowl big enough can be hard but getting it to stay still is easy, use a moist cloth or those rubber tru grip mats so that the bowl can't move. Coming from the wife of a plumber, you can't truly get a sink CLEAN, unless it's a new stainless steel one. Porcelain etc. keeps stains, just as it can keep other things.

I applaud you thinking of new ways to look at things, but I'm not sure you'll get too many thumbs up on this one.

This is a fine example of why I never eat "home-made" treats. You never know if the cats are wandering on the kitchen counters or if the children are "helping" without washing their hands.

This is a workable good idea! I do it for big things like rubbing a brisket or spareribs. and I do have a stainless steel sink. However, I would suggest instead of the rubbing alcohol as a sterilizer, buy the dollar store kitchen cleaner with bleach (same as Clorox Cleanup) and spray it down and then rinse it well with clean water. The sink advantage here is cleanup after is so much easier than a dirty pan or counter top, the water is already right there.

I'm sorry, I hate to be negative about someone's idea, but this is a really bad idea. Unless you use heavy duty commercial cleaner, that sink is not going to be clean enough to mix caramel corn in it. No wonder so many people get food poisoning. It's not worth the chance of getting sick.

Perhaps you could line the sink with wax paper taped on. It may take a few extra minutes, but its cleaner/safer and easier clean up than sticky syrup all over the sink.

Bowl of caramel corn
Caramel Corn Recipes
Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsSeptember 28, 2009
Removing rust stains from a sink.
Removing Rust Stains from a Sink
Stainless Steel Sink
Removing Rust from a Stainless Steel Sink
A stack of corn tortillas.
Homemade Corn Tortilla Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
🎉
🎄