Getting Rid of Carpenter Bees

I have carpenter bees making many holes in my back porch. I can't even sit out there without being buzzed several times around my head. The bees aren't aggressive to the point where they act as if they're going to sting me or anything; but I'd like to be able to enjoy my back porch without the continuous whirring sound. How do I get rid of these carpenter bees?

By Crzybaby71 from USA

Best Answer

Wait till evening when they return to the holes they are drilling and spray them.

Best Answer

They will bore their way back out and the female will sting. It's the female that drills in the wood, the males are the ones you usually seeing hovering around. They bored in our wooden screen door, we sprayed, then patched the hole, the bees drilled another hole below the original hole and I saw three come out! I searched getting rid of these bees and found a video on Youtube of how to make traps with a 20oz drink bottle and six small pieces of wood. My husband made some and in a couple of days the bees were being trapped in there, then you just open the cap and discard the dead bees. You can buy these traps at hardware stores.

Check out this site for control/prevention of carpenter bees.

http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/h ... get-rid-of-carpenter-bees-a-219.html

Our exterminator sprayed our back deck w/something and haven't had a bee, a whir, or any sawdust since.

This was just on the news in my area. (Fox) They said to use seven. It is used in the garden to control bugs. Then fill the holes with steel wool so any eggs hatched the borers can't bore their way out. Finally, fill in the holes with caulking or some other product to seal the holes shut. Good luck I have them too and going to try it myself because these buggers can cause a lot of damage to wooden structures.

Thank you all so much for your input! Shelyn, I've had the same experience w the bees here. Once I've plugged the holes, they start drilling their way out only inside my house recently! Since they ended up drilling their way out of their original holes also, I'm glad to have new ideas on how to handle the situation. Grannygirl, I so appreciate your suggestion! The steel wool sounds like a great option to keep them from just pushing their way out to safety. My boyfriend actually suggested seven dust but of course I didn't listen. lol I think I"m going to make traps & also treat the holes in the porch. We're also going to treat the wood outside the house to try to prevent future habitations of these bees.

Soak a cotton ball with wasp spray you will have to tear it in two and fill the hole they wont bee back till next yea

Carpenter bee drilling into wood.
Getting Rid of Carpenter Bees
Home and Garden Pest Control Bees & WaspsMay 24, 2011
Closeup of a gopher.
Getting Rid of Gophers
Carpenter Ant
Getting Rid of Carpenter Ants
bee on a flower
The Benefits of Bees in Your Garden
bumblebee
Getting Rid of Bees
🎄