Telephone Warning for Kids

Did you know that you can go to google.com on your computer, type in area code+phone number, and you will be given the name and address that goes with that phone number, unless it is unlisted. This seems dangerous for kids, especially. Warn them!

Karen

Did you have to type the numbers all in a row, no spaces, no hyphens? Do you put a 1 in front of all the numbers?

Mine did not work. (I live in Canada...maybe ours are not listed?)

It may not work for Canada then. I did our phone number in this format... (000) 555-1234

And sure enough, our name and address showed up.

You CAN have this removed from google!

There's another site to check for this too...Dogpile.com They have a reverse lookup for phone numbers, then displays them complete with name, address, and a map. You can have it deleted, but check back often. They seem to take their time deleting information. Also, once it's deleted (I had to get after them with a few follow up emails to finally get my information deleted), continue to check up on them. My information was deleted a year or so ago, and I checked again, and it was back.

There are many sites on the Internet which will do this reverse lookup, so I don't understand the hoopla this is creating. We had the same warning at work. You can be removed from google.

Christy

It seems that if your number is unlisted, your info won't show up when entered. I know it costs extra to have an unlisted number, but being a single mom it's definately worth it!

You can get this information on http://www.infospace.com as well.

old red phone
Inbound Call Blocker Reviews
Man Using Telephone
Telephone Tips and Tricks
Magic Jack Reviews
Magic Jack Reviews
girl on hold
Dealing With Being on Hold
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 10:52:08 AM on 10.0.2.167 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.