MaintenanceCars

Oil Blowing Out of Dipstick Tube

What will cause motor oil to blow out of a dipstick tube?

By genep. from Live Oak, FL

There is oil pressure inside of the engine. Do you recall the old days when every car had a oil pressure gauge on the dash board? Nowadays, a light comes on when the oil pressure is low. So if the oil dip stick is not secure the pressure of the oil in the engine (when the engine is running of course), will force the oil out of any low pressure area, in this case the dip stick tube.

It is likely caused by blow-by, be sure the oil level is not over full as well. It is a possibility the PCV Valve is not working properly and causing the pressure buildup as well, replace the PCV Valve first. This also may be caused by Blow-by that is caused by broken or stuck lower compression rings in turn causing the pressure to build up inside the engine, if replacing the PCV Valves doesn't stop it then get some top engine cleaner and remove all spark plugs and poor the whole can of fluid inside the spark plug holes equal amount to each cylinder, let it sit over night (spark plugs left out). To stop a real mess lay rags over where the spark plug holes are then turn over engine (plugs are out of engine) after the solution is pumped out, replace the spark plugs and start engine and see if there is blow-by if Ok your fixed if not then a ring job may be requires, Try the simple first and then the later last. Hope this helps, God bless you.

Anonymous

If all else fails, check the bottom of intake manifold for a hole burned through it. I had a oil blowing 350 and that was my problem.

Does not idle will this also course this to happen after replacing ring, bearings and did the head

I have oil blowing out I my dip stick. truck is not skipping runs good but can't keep oil in the motor do you have a picture of the hole that was burnt into the Intake that you were talkin about on you post. Thanks for the help

Anonymous

hi where is the pcv valve located on the c200 mercedes benz engine

If you have excessive air forcefully coming out you dip stick, it's "blow by." I bet if you take and crack open the oil fill cap it would make a mess blowing oil all over too. Now all engines have some degree of blow by. Here is some of the possible issues, 1. Worn rings on one or more cylinders. 2. Values (intake and/or exhaust) not seating good in the cylinder head. Yes, both will cause air/pneumatic pressure into your crank case.

Best think you can do is a cylinder pressure check. I think you can get a loaner from one of the auto stores or just buy one. Get you a Haynes and Clitons for your vehicle. And it will tell you how to do it. I say get both books/manuals as the both have better topics, graphics that the other leaves out

with my 2006 vw 2.0T i got air coming out of the deep stick amd engine running rough on idle.who can help?