Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Permanent Marker on Microfiber

How do you remove thick permanent marker out of microfiber couches?

By Quintessa from Olympia, WA

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Permanent Marker on Microfiber

How do you remove permanent black marker from a micro-fiber suede couch? The cushions are attached and the color is pale olive green.

Tammy from York, PA

RE: Permanent Marker on Microfiber

My 2 year found a black permanent marker on drew on my mother's new pale tan microfiber love seat. I got some cleaner called Awesome at a local Family Dollar. I put it in her steam carpet cleaner and it came right out, no problem. (05/28/2007)

By Chasity

RE: Permanent Marker on Microfiber

Yeah, I had the same problem and used the same product. My 3 year old daughter used a combination of blue and black permanent marker on my bone-colored micro-fiber couch. I read this forum and used the "Awesome Oxygen Orange" cleaner we had picked up from a store called Dollar General. The stuff worked like a charm! I used the scrubbing side of a sponge along with cold water to remove the stain, and then I removed the foam from the cushion and washed it in the wash-machine on delicate.

Here's a tip for you:
Don't leave permanent markers where kids can find them. Treat them like guns! (12/30/2007)

By blaze1up

RE: Permanent Marker on Microfiber

I had read on the internet about nail polish remover. My son just bought a beautiful light tan suede couch he had a black permanent marker in his pocket pants and guess what? Yes, he got the marker all over his new couch. I decided to try the tip with the nail polish, non acetone, and I could not believe it, all the marker came off and the couch is like new again.

I do mean he had a lot of marker on it. I did not think it would work there was so much. So if any one needs to get it off it does work. I used a Q-tip first with the polish remover then took a paper towel once I saw it was coming off to carefully to remove the rest of it. You cannot even see it anymore. Great suggestion for those who mentioned it. (03/16/2009)

By mistysummer

Archive: Permanent Marker on Microfiber

How can I remove permanent marker from a microfiber couch?

By Kitten21kish from Fort Worth, TX