Permanent Marker on Microfiber

How do you remove thick permanent marker out of microfiber couches?

By Quintessa from Olympia, WA

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance
Answer

How can I remove permanent marker from a microfiber couch?

By Kitten21kish from Fort Worth, TX

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

How do you remove permanent black marker from a micro-fiber suede couch? The cushions are attached and the color is pale olive green.

Tammy from York, PA

Permanent Marker on Microfiber

My 2 year found a black permanent marker on drew on my mother's new pale tan microfiber love seat. I got some cleaner called Awesome at a local Family Dollar. I put it in her steam carpet cleaner and it came right out, no problem. (05/28/2007)

By Chasity

Permanent Marker on Microfiber

Yeah, I had the same problem and used the same product. My 3 year old daughter used a combination of blue and black permanent marker on my bone-colored micro-fiber couch. I read this forum and used the "Awesome Oxygen Orange" cleaner we had picked up from a store called Dollar General. The stuff worked like a charm! I used the scrubbing side of a sponge along with cold water to remove the stain, and then I removed the foam from the cushion and washed it in the wash-machine on delicate.

Here's a tip for you:

Don't leave permanent markers where kids can find them. Treat them like guns!
(12/30/2007)

By blaze1up

Permanent Marker on Microfiber

I had read on the internet about nail polish remover. My son just bought a beautiful light tan suede couch he had a black permanent marker in his pocket pants and guess what? Yes, he got the marker all over his new couch. I decided to try the tip with the nail polish, non acetone, and I could not believe it, all the marker came off and the couch is like new again.

I do mean he had a lot of marker on it. I did not think it would work there was so much. So if any one needs to get it off it does work. I used a Q-tip first with the polish remover then took a paper towel once I saw it was coming off to carefully to remove the rest of it. You cannot even see it anymore. Great suggestion for those who mentioned it. (03/16/2009)

By mistysummer

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Cleaning FurnitureApril 20, 2011
Permanent Markers
Removing Permanent Marker From Vinyl and Linoleum Floor
Red Wine
Removing Red Wine Stains from Microfiber
A colorful wooden dresser.
Removing Permanent Marker from Wood Furniture
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from Plastic
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 12, 2016 at 7:47:25 PM on 10.0.0.103 in 420 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.