What Goes with My Living Room Paint

I have painted my dining room and living room the color called February Frost by Behr Paint, with white crown molding trim. February Frost is very similar to the pastel purple that is on your web-site. I think the color is beautiful, however, I don't know what colors to match with it so that I can get throw pillows for my sofas and also slipcovers made for my chairs. What colors go with this painted room.

PLEASE HELP!!
Sher-Rhonda

Take a paint sample with you when shopping. You may want to use a floral print that has this color in it.

With paint sample in hand, I'd head for the greens. Feb frost is a nature color, so, something like a pale coleus green might work nicely. remember to check color compatibility in natural lighting as well as interior lighting : )

go to a fabric store and find a piece multi colored material with the same color and choose one of the other colors in the material, buy a small swatch to carry with you

Try Yellow or even green, but not too bright and garish. Hope this helps. See that you've already got some good feedback !. Maria uk

I just had the same problem when I painted my bedroom. What I did was look at Homevisions.com, Domestications.com to name a few, looking at what colors they had matched with what and how it looked together. I ended up getting a great baragin on a comforter and matching curtains at Smartbargains.com.

I have read in decorating magazines that you should select colors opposite purple on the color spectrum wheel which would be in the yellows. I think a pale gold or khaki would be beautiful. Hope this helps.

You can go to http://www.behr.com and choose "explor color" then go to "color name/number" type in "February Frost" and it will pull up various color combinations using the color you have choosen.

Soft mint greens or buttercup yellows.

Very light tans and maybe a shade or two darker of the purple or blues mixed with white pillows to bring in more of the white from the molding.

Sent the pic in email

Anonymous

I agree with Tawnda. The colors she advised would go great with the wall colors. It would look very Spring like; fresh and cheery.