Litter Trained Dog Started to Pee Everywhere

I have 2 Chihuahuas, a 7 year male and a 5 year old female, both have been litter box trained since they were puppies. Last summer the male got out of the house, and was gone for a week, I actually found him, and he seems fine.

My wife and I were going through a divorce, and I have moved. And now he is peeing everywhere. I don't know what to do about this. He gets praised when he does good. I know there is a lot gong on, but I am at the last of my nerves with him. He is a loving dog and seems to know what he has done wrong, because when he sees me cleaning it, he goes and hides. I just do not know what to do about this whole thing.

Help.

By Shawn from NJ

Answers

It sounds frustrating. I would guess the dog is just upset and confused by the moving etc. I would check to see if he has a bladder infection. There is a product to calm dogs called DAP. It might be worth a try, or you could "start over" with crate training. Good Luck.

Pets Dogs AdviceJanuary 30, 2010
Pee Pee Cone
Making Pee Pee Cones
Previously House Broken Dog Has Started Pooping in the House
House Trained Dog Pooping Inside
Cat in Litter Box
Cat Not Using the Litter Box
Cat exiting a litter box.
Cat Litter Mat Reviews
🎄
🍂