Soothing Effects of Lemon Balm Tea

When I first was given a start of lemon balm, I had no idea what to do with it! The second season, I was pretty wary because it had spread over a large area. It spreads by seeds and maybe by runners underground.

The friend who gave it to me said she thought it was good for "cleaning you out". I dried some and made it into tea, but didn't notice any cleansing effect. What I "did" note was that I didn't dare drink it in the morning! It was way too relaxing. But at bedtime it is perfect.

The last couple of years I have dried quite a few jars of the leaves to make for tea and it has been so pleasant!

By Coreen from Rupert, ID

Thought I'd warn you that as the Fall approaches and the plants dry up, the sleep inducing concentrate in the leaves may become more potent, something to watch out for.

young girl with a cup of tea in bed
Bedtime Tea Recipes
Home and Garden Gardening HerbsJune 16, 2010
A girl putting on lip balm.
Cleaning Lip Balm Stains From Clothing
Making Lip Balm
Making Lip Balm
Removing Lip Balm from Car Upholstery
Removing Lip Balm from Car Upholstery
Lemon Balm
Growing Lemon Balm
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 18, 2016 at 5:05:47 PM on in 931 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.