Advice for Fixing Up Wooden Wheelbarrows

I have just purchased 2 small wooden wheelbarrows that are meant for the garden. They've been exposed to the elements for a long time and the wheels are badly split. Should I oil, varnish, paint or what? I would like to use enamel paint on them as they will be in the garden. My main concern is making them sturdy in the elements. Thanks so much for your help!

Sharon from Incirlik, Turkey

Answers

An easy thing to do would be to oil the wood, to try to stall the deterioration. But it would be harder to paint afterwards, I think...

Home and Garden Repair OtherDecember 6, 2007
Wooden Spoon Deer
Wooden Spoon Reindeer Craft
Office chair with lime green cushions.
Fixing a Squeaky Office Chair
A green decorative tray painted with gold leaves.
Making a Painted Wooden Tray
Wooden Santa Claus
Making a Wooden Santa Claus
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 6, 2017 at 10:14:16 AM on 10.0.0.27 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.