Substitute For Powdered Milk

It may be a challenge to find a good replacement for dry milk solids in a recipe. This guide is about substitutes for powdered milk.

Powdered Milk with Baking Ingredients
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

A recipe calls for 1/3 cup of nonfat dry milk. What can I use as a substitution?

By Lakisha C.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

In a cookbook I have it says that if your recipe calls for water you just substitute milk for the amount of water it calls for.

I would like to know if I can use sweet dry whey in recipes instead of powdered milk. If not, what can I use it for? It is so much cheaper than regular powered milk. Thanks and God bless!

Velsgal from Seymour, MO

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Although Whey is sold as "high protein", it is actually the GLUE in milk, and causes mucous like mad in those who are prone to sinus infections, and/or are lactose intolerant.

I'd go with non-fat milk, and not use it too often. It's worth paying attention. God bless you. : )

Read More Answers...

I am baking soft rolls. The recipe calls for milk solids is there a substitute?

By Andrea from FL

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Substitute milk for the liquid in the dough. You may need to add just a touch more to get the dough to the correct consistency, but you should be fine doing that.

Food and Recipes Food Tips SubstitutionsJanuary 7, 2014
Powdered Milk
Powdered Milk Ice Cream Recipes
Making Diabetic Powdered Sugar (Sugar Free)
Collection of dried and canned foods including box of powdered milk.
Making Powdered Milk Taste Better
Powdered Milk
Using Powdered Milk
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 18, 2016 at 2:21:40 PM on 10.0.0.17 in 306 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.