Buying Small Craft Tiles

I am trying to locate somewhere that I can buy small tiles. I am planning to have our children make trivets with them in Vacation Bible School this summer. I have one my son made over 30 years ago that I still use. Back then you could buy them in bulk in bags. You could get a bag of each size. Thank you.

By Margaret from Greensburg, LA

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I have seen them online at Oriental Trading. Think they were like 200 for under $10. My mom has the ones we made her as kids. It was a popular craft back in the 60's. Really dating myself. Oh well.

I'd throw myself on the mercy and generosity of your local tile company/s. Or, sometimes Home Depot or a large store have tiles that they ordered too much of. Good Luck!

I have a couple boxes of light gray 1 3/4" x 1 3/4" tiles that are 36 per "sheet". Looks like I have about 47 or so "sheets". I need to keep some for myself, but about how many would you need to buy? Not sure what size trivet you would be making to know how many tiles. I wouldn't charge you much, but the weight would be the worst part, for shipping. They are HEAVY! We could probably work something out...

Go to Lowes Home Improvement. That is where I bought the ones we used in our VBS at church. Also if you are buying a lot, talk with the manager and see if you can get a discount!

Answer

Crafts Home Decor KitchenApril 25, 2010
Removing Moss from Asphalt Roof Tiles
Removing Moss from Asphalt Roof Tiles
collection of photos
Making Photo Tiles
Pool Tiles
Cleaning Pool Tiles
Ceramic Floor Tile
Fixing Cracks in Ceramic Floor Tile
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 24, 2016 at 4:47:13 PM on 10.0.0.75 in 746 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.