Garden Mailbox

Hand painted decorated mailbox for storing hand garden tools and garden gloves outside.

Approximate Time: 2 1/2 hours

• mailbox
  • spray black paint
  • various acrylic paints
  • spray polyethylene
  • paint brushes

Instructions:

We recently put up a new mailbox and I wanted to recycle the old box. I spray painted the box black. Then I free hand painted flowers, etc. on the box sides, front, and back.

I then stenciled "Sherrye's Garden Tools" on the top. I then sprayed the box with polyethylene to make it weather resistant as it will be sitting on the back porch.

I already had all the supplies on hand so it only cost me my time. I will put my hand garden tools, etc. and my garden gloves in the box.

I think it turned out really cute. It only took me a couple of hours and it was fun.

By Sherrye from GA

Great idea, way to put your talents to work for you and recycle at the same time!

Very cute!

Beautiful job on your mailbox :) I did this years ago when I lived in the country. My garden was fenced off and I put up a mailbox at the entry gate. I wasn't too artistic or original. Instead I lettered it P. Cottontail, 22 Bunny Lane. Silly but the neighbors kids loved it LOL.

I kept a bread/meatloaf pan in mine filled with kitty litter that was covered with some motor oil. I could shove my tools down into it at the end of the day. It kept them from rusting in our very humid area.

What an excellent idea! I'm definitely going to try this.

Sherrye from GA

Your mailbox is so cute, I took the liberty of Gimping it up a little so the members could see more detail. If that's not OK, I'm sure the editors will remove it for you.

maibox in garden
Using a Mailbox for Storing Garden Tools
Crafts Garden & YardMay 14, 2010
English daisies.
Taking Photos of Your Garden
Nice landscaping around a black mailbox.
Landscaping Around Your Mailbox
Rice paper butterfly on small pink flowers
Making a Butterfly Garden
Old Mailbox
Uses for an Old Mailbox
🎉
🎄