Sheet Beeswax Candles
These quick and simple candles can be put together in 5 to 10 minutes and they make a great gift.
- sheet bee's wax ( I was able to find this at a shop where honey and other products of bees were sold)
- hair dryer
- string wicks ( get a thinner wick since these burn faster than parafin wax)
- scissors or a knife
- Cut the wick slightly larger than the height of your wax. Use the hair dryer on the wax to make it softer and easy to roll without cracking.
- Place the wick on one end of the wax and fold over a small end of the wax on top of the wick and press down lightly to hold the wax in place. Then proceed to roll the candle until you reach the end.
- Use the hair dryer on the seam and press down lightly to make sure it will stay rolled. Then use the hair dryer on the bottom then use your finger to bond the layers together a bit and hold the little piece of wick sticking out the bottom in place.
- Wrap nicely and give as a gift or put it straight into one of your candle holders and light. In the picture I wrapped them all together, but if it was going to be awhile til I delivered the gift or were going to be exposed to a lot of heat, I would wrap each candle separately to avoid them melting together.
About The Author: Stella contributes craft ideas to ThriftyFun.com. If you have any craft ideas that you would like to share with Stella and ThriftyFun community, please submit them here.
December 20, 20050 found this helpful
Cute!! I love those!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 2, 2016 at 5:46:32 AM on 10.0.0.90 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us