Sheet Beeswax Candles

These quick and simple candles can be put together in 5 to 10 minutes and they make a great gift. Candles made from rolled up beeswax sheets.

• sheet bee's wax ( I was able to find this at a shop where honey and other products of bees were sold)
  • hair dryer
  • string wicks ( get a thinner wick since these burn faster than parafin wax)
  • scissors or a knife

Supplies: hair drier, scissors, and beeswax sheet.

1. Cut the wick slightly larger than the height of your wax. Use the hair dryer on the wax to make it softer and easy to roll without cracking.
  2. Place the wick on one end of the wax and fold over a small end of the wax on top of the wick and press down lightly to hold the wax in place. Then proceed to roll the candle until you reach the end.
  3. Beeswax sheet.

4. Use the hair dryer on the seam and press down lightly to make sure it will stay rolled. Then use the hair dryer on the bottom then use your finger to bond the layers together a bit and hold the little piece of wick sticking out the bottom in place.
  5. Blowing with a hair dryer.

6. Wrap nicely and give as a gift or put it straight into one of your candle holders and light. In the picture I wrapped them all together, but if it was going to be awhile til I delivered the gift or were going to be exposed to a lot of heat, I would wrap each candle separately to avoid them melting together.
  7. Candles tied with bow for a gift.

About The Author: Stella contributes craft ideas to If you have any craft ideas that you would like to share with Stella and ThriftyFun community, please submit them here.

Cute!! I love those!

Beeswax Candles
Making Beeswax Candles
Crafts Christmas GiftsDecember 19, 2005
Beeswax candle making materials.
Uses for Beeswax
Sheet Cake
Sheet Cake Recipes
Buying Beeswax
Beeswax Christmas Trees Candles
Beeswax Christmas Tree Candles