Odor From Spilled Milk

How do you get the milk smell out of a vehicle?

Darcey From Red Deer, AB

I used a commercial spray pet elimination smell cleaner for milk and vomit in my car. I drive the Amish, who are notoriously car-sick!! I also buy raw milk, and it always dribbles a bit (I finally learned to put the jug in my little plastic bag lined trash can in the van. Then, I spray liberally with Febreeze or Renuzit.

I had a zucchini roll under my car seat and forgot about it until it began to smell. I couldn't figure it out at first. It was a few days and by then it was a slimy goopy mess. Febreeze completely got rid of the odor.

Thanks, I did this in the middle of the night!

My son spilled half his bottle of fresh milk on my back seat. I used soap and water, what else should I use? I don't want it to smell.

April 28, 2005 Flag

My grandparents spilled a couple gallons of milk on the seats. The stench is unbearable. Is there anything to get rid of the smell?

Heather from Utah

Vinegar 04/28/2005
Saturate the seats with vinegar. It will neutralize the smell. You might have to do this more than once but don't give up. My kids spilled chocolate milk on our new carpet under the couch. Naturally, they never told me and the aroma was so bad. Afterward, just use liquid soap and wash the carpeted area. Good Luck!
By Bonnie Smith (Guest Post)
"odo-ban" 04/30/2005
At Sam's Club they sell a product called "odo-ban"
that is great for stuff like this. A gallon will last
forever. If you don't have a membership you can
go as a guest of someone that does and just pay
cash or else ask them to pick it up for you. This
stuff can be used like Febreeze too. I used it to
get a vomit smell out of my car a few years ago.
By cindy (Guest Post)
Baking Soda 06/16/2005
Put some bicarbonate soda in some warm water and wipe over, you might have to do this a couple of times but it work for me.
By sharron (Guest Post)

Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsMay 10, 2006
Man in Green Shirt Smelling His Underarm
Preventing Underarm Odor
Freezing Milk
Freezing Milk
Milk Jug Snoopy
Milk Jug Snoopy Craft