Dyeing Bath Towels

I have burgundy cotton bath towels that I would like to dye dark brown. Will this work?

By Joani

You'd be better off by purchasing new dark brown bath towels then trying to dye them. Why spend money on fabric dye and find out the hard way that it didn't work.

Red and green make brown, so use green dye, rather than brown. Brown dye will leave it too red. I make brown icing this way. Good luck, there is no reason why it won't work.

Rit dye is pretty cheap, I'd say go ahead and give it a try. If the towels are in real good shape but just not the right color, may as well spend something on a box of dye and I think one box would be all you'd need. I do not know which color to use tho. Maybe you could find out online somewhere.

I have dyed bath towels. It depends on how many towels that you are dyeing as to how much you use. Make sure that you're using really hot water. Wash the towels 1st, don't use fabric softner. Keep the towels damp. I put the dye in when the washer is full. I then let the washer run to mix thoroughly. Then I put the towels in the washer. I let that run for about 10 minutes & stop the washer. I let the towels soak for about an hour. Then I restart the washer to run through the total cycle. I get a much deeper color this way. Just remember to wash separately from other things. I would say that if you have more than 3 towels, use 2 pkgs.

Dyeing Bath Towels
Dyeing Bath Towels
Crafts FabricMarch 13, 2011
Lilac Bubble Bath
Lilac Bubble Bath
Toddler with bubbles on hair and end of nose.
Homemade Bubble Bath Recipes
Stack of Colored Towels
Saving Money on Towels
Stack of colorful towels.
Making Bath Towels More Absorbent