Sort Recycling Directly Into Containers

It was always such a bother to sort garbage to recycle, that I did not do it. Now I live in a rural area and pay to have my garbage picked up, so decided that I would recycle. I have my usual garbage can in the kitchen, but I also have two bags hung by the back door. When a milk carton is emptied, it goes into the bag for plastics. When cans are emptied, they go straight into the bag for cans. That way I do not have to sort the garbage, as it is already sorted.

There are two recycle trucks in the parking lot at the grocery store, one for plastic and the other for aluminum, so I purchased a large plastic garbage can and a large metal garbage can. (I already had a large can for garbage.) The milk cartons, etc, obviously go in the plastic container and the cans go in the metal container. To make it even easier, I put a garbage can liner in each garbage can before I begin filling it, so that when it is full, I just take liner and all out. The big bags are ready to be dropped off.

Source: My mother would have called this "common sense." Her favorite saying was "Use your head to save your feet." I simply used my head.

By Clynnaltemus from Inglis

Good for you! Once you get used to recycling, you will not want to put it in the trash. It's just the right thing to do. Thank you for caring.

Anonymous

Good for you and don't forget to recycle paper and cardboard boxes of any sort too ;-)

May I suggest you check to see if you can deposit them in the plastic bags, because in our county, you cannot. You can still use the bags to take them to the recycling center; just empty the bags into the big bins. Nancy in NC