InspirationalPhotos

In Memory Of Dad

contest winner icon

My Dad, who has passed away, enjoyed sitting out alone and thinking thoughts that only He and God knew about.

By Lula

A beautiful picture, a great testament to your love for your dad. My condolences on your loss.

Carly K

Reply Like this photo? Yes
Anonymous

What a lovely photo memory of your daddy and wonderful words of faith and love! My heart is so touched and maybe even more so right now because my daddy was taken at the age I am now (56) 22 years ago on the 30th of this month and I miss him dearly! I feel so Blessed for the years together with my dad and I can tell you feel Blessed for your years shared with your dad too. :-)

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Beautiful memory of your dad. I lost my dad a few months ago and I know how important these memories are.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I bet the birds entertained him too, when they bathed or ate.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Beautiful. It brought tears to my eyes.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

What a beautiful keepsake. I lost my Dad back in 1963. After all these years it still seems like yesterday.

Good Bless you and yours.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I'm so very sorry for your great loss. What a lovely, touching photo of your Dad. I feel like you connected with him through your camera. He must have been a very special Dad. I lost my Dad almost 4 years ago this December and I'm still not over it. I do hope you have begun the healing process. Your photo is one to be cherished forever.

God bless.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

God bless.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

My Dad passed away 27 years ago this month, still think of him daily, he was one of the best!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

A Beautiful place to sit and think. To be alone with God and his Peace. Your dad had the right idea of how to relax, re-group his thoughts and renew his soul. You are blessed to have this wonderful photo. I hope you have it enlarged, framed and hanging where you see it everyday. Your sadness is shared. GG Vi

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Dear Lula,

This is such a beautiful picture and memory of your dear father. I am truly sorry for your loss. I too am able to relate because I lost my dad about ten years ago and think of him every day. The things he taught me about nature and his love for it were passed on to me. I still miss him dearly and appreciate the many gifts he gave to me.

Sincerely

Marie Keough

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Well this is just an absolutely perfect picture! Amazing. I hope you don't mind if I use it as my wallpaper on my desktop. I lost my mom last November, and this kinda reminds me of my own daddy. Deepest sympathies on your loss. XXOOO

Reply Like this photo? Yes

My husband's parents both passed away within the past 9 months. His father passed away only a few weeks ago. He was a devout Christian as the man in this picture is. He is truly missed.

Very, very touching image of your dad spending time with the Lord in his garden. This brings to mind one of my favorite hymns:

I come to the garden alone

While the dew is still on the roses

And the voice I hear falling on my ear

The Son of God discloses.

Refrain

And He walks with me, and He talks with me,

And He tells me I am His own;

And the joy we share as we tarry there,

None other has ever known.

He speaks, and the sound of His voice,

Is so sweet the birds hush their singing,

And the melody that He gave to me

Within my heart is ringing.

Refrain

I'd stay in the garden with Him

Though the night around me be falling,

But He bids me go; through the voice of woe

His voice to me is calling.

Refrain

-- Thanks for sharing this. I am sorry for the loss of your beloved dad. Take care and God Bless.

Reply Like this photo? Yes